- 11/2014 - now - Professor at the Federal University of Paraná at Curitiba, PR, Brazil;
- 12/2013 - 11/2014 - Post-doctorate at the State University of Campinas at Campinas, SP, Brazil;
- 01/2009 - 11/2013 - PhD at the State University of Campinas on applied mathematics, working with nonlinear optimization. My thesis was titled (translation) “Dynamic Control of Infeasibility for Nonlinear Programming”;
- 03/2005 - 12/2008 - Bachelor on applied mathematics.
- Perprof-py: A Python Package for Performance Profile of Mathematical Optimization Software. Siqueira, A. S., Silva, R. G. C. da, Santos, L.-R., Journal of Open Research Software, 4(1), p.e12, 2016, DOI: http://doi.org/10.5334/jors.81
- Feature extraction for NDVI AVHRR/NOAA time series classification. da Silva, W. L.; Gonçalves, R. R. V.; Siqueira, A. S.; Zullo, J.; Neto, F. A. M. Gomes., 6th International Workshop on the Analysis of Multitemporal Remote Sensing Images (MultiTemp), Trento, 2011.
- Inside the JuliaSmoothOptimizers
organization, I’m a main developer of the following packages.
- CUTEst.jl: Access to the Constrained and Unconstrained Testing Environment with safe Threads from Julia.
- NLPModels.jl: Defines data structures for nonlinear optimization models.
- Optimize.jl: Optimization algorithms in pure Julia, and auxiliary tools for benchmarking, profiling and creating your own solver.
- Perprof-py - Mathematical Performance Profile in Python: A Python module and command line tool to create Performance Profiles.
- dcicpp: Implementation of a Dynamic Control of Infeasibility method in C++.
- Numerical experience with a class of trust-region algorithms for unconstrained smooth optimization. Siqueira, A. S., Grapiglia, G. N., Nov/2016.
- Dynamic control of infeasibility for nonlinear programming. Siqueira, A. S., Gomes, F. A. M, Jun/2016.
Talks and participation in events
- 15th EUROPT Workshop on Advances in Continuous Optimization Parameter Optimization in the Nonlinear Stepsize Control Framework for Trust-Region Methods. Talk. July 12, 2017. Montréal, Canada.
- IX Symposium on Numerical Analysis and Optimization (in port: IX Simpósio de Análise Numérica e Otimização). Introdução à linguagem Julia. Tutorial. February 20 to 22, 2017. UFPR, Curitiba, Brazil.
- I Simpósio de Métodos Numéricos em Engenharia Introdução à linguagem Julia. Tutorial. November 30 to December 01, 2016. UFPR, Curitiba, Brazil.
- XI Brazilian Workshop on Continuous Optimization. Numerical Experience with a Class of Trust-Region Algorithms for Unconstrained Smooth Optimization. Talk. May 23rd, 2016. UFAM, Manaus, Brazil
- 2016 Optimization Days. A Workflow for Designing Optimization Methods in the Julia Language. Talk. May 4th, 2016. HEC Montréal, Montreal, Canada.
- VIII Symposium on Numerical Analysis and Optimization (in port: VIII Simpósio de Análise Numérica e Otimização). Nonlinear Optimization in the Julia Language (in port: Otimização Não-Linear na Linguagem Julia). Tutorial. 2016, UFPR, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
- Workshop on Computational Tools (in port: Oficina de Ferramentas Computacionais). Organizer, 05/2015, UFPR, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
- VII Symposium on Numerical Analysis and Optimization (in port: VII Simpósio de Análise Numérica e Otimização). Computational tools for researchers (in port: Ferramentas computacionais para pesquisadores). Talk. 2015, UFPR, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
- X Brazilian Workshop on Continuous Optimization. Dynamic Control of Infeasibility for Nonlinear Programming. Talk. 2014, Florianópolis, SC, Brazil
- 26th European Conference on Operational Research. Dynamic Control of Infeasibility for Nonlinear Programming. Talk. 2013, Rome, Italy
- 11th EUROPT Workshop on Advances in Continuous Optimization. Participation. 2013, Florence, Italy